From Tribe of Pok Wiki
- Your Pokians can catch a disease in a variety of ways. They can be airborne, waterborne or due to some status effect such as Hunger or Coldness. They can also gain an infection from cuts and wounds.
- Diseases will normally be cured over time without intervention. You can speed up this process by having herbs available or by having a Pokian with the shaman profession. A shaman is only available once your prosperity exceeds 2000.
- A symptom is a (usually) negative effect caused by a disease. When a disease is contracted, at first there won't be any symptoms or negative effects. Over time, symptoms will start to appear as a disease progresses and starts causing problems for your Pokians.
- Each Pokian has an immunity rating which helps them avoid catching waterborne, airborne and infected diseases. The higher the immunity, the less chance of gaining a disease. This doesn't affect diseases due to hunger/thirst/sleep deprivation, which your Pokians will contract regardless of their immunity.
- Waterborne diseases are caused by drinking directly from a non-flowing water source. You can prevent catching waterborne diseases by having a camp fire available so Pokians can boil the water in their waterskins, or by only designating a flowing river as a water source.
- Airborne diseases are caused by mosquito bites. When your tribe members walk through a mosquito-infested area, they have a chance of contracting one of these diseases. They can simply be avoided by not walking into mosquito-infested areas.
- Infections are caused by cuts obtained during battle.
- Each disease has a set of symptoms associated with it that cause your Pokians to be weaker than normal. Here is a table of symptoms, their effects and the associated diseases:
|Chest Pain||Pneumonia||Movement speed|
|Confused||Hypothermia, Hyperthermia, Meningitis||Movement speed|
|Fever||Pneumonia, Malaria, Meningitis, Typhoid||Hunger|
|Headache||Hyperthermia, Malaria, Meningitis, Typhoid||Movement speed|
|Shivering||Hypothermia, Frostbite, Pneumonia||Stamina|
|Vomiting||Hyperthermia, Malaria, Meningitis, Cholera, ShamanInitiation||Hunger, Thirst|
|Weakness||Hyperthermia, Starvation, Dehydration||Immunity|
- You can see a list of current diseases and symptoms from your Pokian's query panel